Boy’s Slippons Crochet Booties (free Pattern) in 4 sizes

This is the first pattern I actually wrote. I started this as a girl’s pattern and realized that just with a few changes, it can be adapted for a boy. There is a lace under the toe flap which helps in making the booties snug on tiny feet.

This was worked using worsted weight yarn and hooks H and F to fit ages 0-3 and 3-6 months. To make bigger sizes you will have to use a hook I too. Pattern is written for sizes 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12 months. Picture of every step is included in the pdf in a way even beginners can understand. I was using the leftover yarn I had and I think the purple should have been a tad brighter. The black one looks lovely but the picture fails to capture its real beauty. Place a big button in place of the bow to give it an added edge. Use your imagination and make it your own.

Click here for free pattern: Slippons Pattern.

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2017 / 5:05 pm

These slippers are so cute. I have never made slippers before. I see a picture and think that it wouldn't be that hard but then I see the patterns and think otherwise. I have been teaching myself how to crochet after having had brain surgery 3 years ago in April. Never was able to crochet before having the surgery. I am 45 years of age.

1. March 29, 2011 / 2:27 pm

this is so adorable. can i use your pattern, because i am planning to give a baby shower gift to my friend.

2. March 29, 2011 / 6:46 pm

@aidadham, of course you can use my pattern to make gifts. You are not allowed to pass on my patterns, thats all. If anybody shows interest in the pattern just direct them to my blog. Thanks!

3. April 13, 2011 / 8:04 pm

You're freaking awesome!!! =] Thanks sooo much for sharing your talent!

4. April 14, 2011 / 10:15 pm

I just love love your baby booties. Are you still providing this pattern for free? if so, how can I obtain a copy?

Thank you so much.

5. April 14, 2011 / 11:33 pm

@Jasmine, click on the link " Free Pattern" in blue in the post above to download the pattern for free.

6. June 15, 2011 / 4:48 am

these are so cute! I have been looking for a pattern to make for babies in the hospital I already make the afghans and hats/headbands and this would be a great addition. Thank you for sharing.

June 25, 2011 / 8:42 pm

thank you so much for the pattern for the Boy's Slippers. Nephew and his wife are having a baby in the next week and this is the perfect thing to make to give with the blanket i made. I really admire your creating skill. Thank you for passing the pattern on to us who can't make our own. Will only use for my own use. Thanks again…. believer…

8. Mariah
    September 7, 2011 / 2:32 am

I love your crochet creations so much! They are all so cute! Can't wait to finish a pair of these!:) Before I start though I was just wondering for the sole if the slipstitches counted as a stitch in the round? Thank you so much for the pattern!

9. September 7, 2011 / 4:54 am

Mariah, yes the slip stitches are counted as a stitch.

September 17, 2011 / 1:49 pm

Hi This is Abigail, I have a question, Are the sold patterns more explaind (detailed) or are they in the same format than the free one? since I hardly read patterns in English (I'm from Mexico). Thank you.

11. September 18, 2011 / 3:36 pm

@Abigail, my patterns on sale are very detailed but are explained in English. So I am afraid you might have trouble understanding them. Sorry!

October 19, 2011 / 12:31 am

Hi crochetDreamz I am new to crochet and I felt in love with the boy's slippons pattern, I made my first slipper but I don't understand what to do with the 25 lace chain in pic 2, thanks for sharing your talent

November 24, 2011 / 12:58 pm

Thank you for sharing the pattern!

December 30, 2011 / 2:53 am

I loved this pattern but I'm having a little trouble completing the shoe. I think it would be more helpful with a video.

January 13, 2012 / 8:01 pm

CrochetDreamz thanks for sharing the pattern, when I saw the pic I couldn't wait to make them. I'm having trouble finishing it, I don't know what to do with the 25 ch lace. Thanks again.

• January 17, 2012 / 4:58 am

The lace is for tying under the flap so that it stays on kicking feet. You can opt not to do it f you wish.

16. Natalie
    January 20, 2012 / 6:07 am

I just wanted to say thank you for this pattern. I have a hard time following patterns, and this was so easy, I just made my grandson a pair, now I am going to start a pair of the moccasins for my grandaughter who will be born in march. I will also be purchasing your patterns, as they are so easy and cute!

17. Priscilla
    March 20, 2012 / 10:38 pm

im having a hard time with the flap im so confused on how to start it and how to finish it to were the flap is attached

• March 21, 2012 / 2:21 pm

@Priscillia, use the Contact Me form in my blog to ask your questions and I will be able to help you better.

18. March 22, 2012 / 12:39 am

thanx for the pattern. i liked it so much tht i linked you on my blog. you can visit/join at ALHUMDULILLAH-ana-Muslim.blogspot.com .

April 21, 2012 / 5:00 am

Approximately how long does each slipper take …for an average person?

So cute! I really wish to try the pattern.

20. June 8, 2012 / 3:55 pm

I know we can't redistribute the pattern, but is it all right to sell the booties we make from it?

• June 14, 2012 / 12:19 am

Yes, you can sell the booties you make but please do not use my pictures.

21. June 26, 2012 / 9:20 pm

Hi can you tel me wat kind of yarn to use for kids shoes?

22. June 26, 2012 / 9:20 pm

Hi can you tel me what type of yarn to use for this?

July 13, 2012 / 2:57 am

So cute! I'm fairly new at crocheting & reading patterns and I found this one to be pretty fast & easy for me! I did get stuck on the "finishing" part, but I just put it down & came back to it and realized what I was doing wrong…LOL My great nephew's little piggies will be nice & warm now! THANKS!!

24. November 13, 2013 / 5:55 pm

I can't download it, it says you're out of bandwidth 🙁 I really want the pattern, is there any way you could email it to me? craftymom1024@Gmail.com is my email address