1. Take a piece of cardboard 4 1/4 inches long and wrap the yarn around it 50 times.
2. Pull a 12-inch strand of yarn through the winding and knot twice at the top.
3. Cut the yarn along the opposite side
4. Take another 12-inch strand and make a knot a little below the top knot.
5. Trim the excess from the strand you just tied but leave the top 2 strands for attaching to your work.
6. Knot the tassels to your work using the 2 strands left, pull the tails through the tassel and then trim it to the size of the rest of the strands.