How to Adjust Your Foundation Chain Without Unraveling your First Row in Crochet

Have you ever had to start a crochet project with a long chain of say more than 200 chains and lost count? At the end of the row do you get frustrated when you don’t have enough chains or have too many extra chains?

Now you can adjust the length of your foundation chain without unraveling your first row. Watch the video below to learn this useful tip.

Pin it for later:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/51087777007754780/

Check out our full collection of crochet patterns: Pattern Gallery.

1. November 17, 2017 / 1:17 pm

Fabulous tutorial! Thank you so much!

• November 21, 2017 / 9:59 pm

You are welcome, I am glad you found it helpful

November 21, 2017 / 4:37 am

I often have too many chains. I always pulled them out and started over. Wow, you make it look so easy to shorten my chain. I NEVER thought of doing it the way you just showed on your tutorial. Thanks a million!

• November 21, 2017 / 10:00 pm

I am really glad you found it helpful. Thank you for visiting my blog.

3. Myrna Loy
    March 8, 2019 / 11:03 am

Your intruction manner and tutorials very easy to follow and understand thank you..NEVER too old to LEARN.

• Shehnaaz
      March 8, 2019 / 1:46 pm

Hi Myrna, I am so glad to hear that especially since I am not a native English speaker and making videos always makes me nervous.

4. April Evans
    August 20, 2019 / 7:38 am

Hi Myrna,
    Thank you so much for the video on how to fix your foundation chain. I was trying to figure this out when I received your email. I am new to crocheting and did not know how to do this. You really made my day. Now I can finish my scarf. Again thanks for the great video. I will send a picture when I’m finished.