A la mode Boa Scarf, Free Crochet Pattern

Free Crochet Pattern for a Woman’s Boa Scarf
I love the grape color used in this scarf and was planning to make a matching hat but before I could grab a couple of more skeins, this color was discontinued ! Well, I am glad I could at least finish the scarf after I frogged a couple of my other projects.  I see the stitch on this as a kind of faux loopy stitch that is way easier to work than the original.  I can easily visualize  this  stitch pattern on a throw pillow. If you would make this scarf what colors do you think  it would  look good in?
 The scarf is quick to work up and you need to know only  the basic crochet stitches. Pattern uses an I (5.5 mm) hook and worsted weight (size 4 medium yarn) or Aran in UK.  I first made this scarf last winter but never found the time to publish the pattern. So here is another one of my UFOs finally seeing the light of the day! For those of you who are not familiar with the crochet jargon UFO  didn’t mean that I tossed  it flying out of the window. It means an unfinished object in crochet. Frogging? It means ripping off your work. The usage came from the fact that “rip it, rip it” sounds like a frog’s call. Crochet sure is a fascinating craft, isn’t it?
Click here for the FREE PATTERN!

1. February 10, 2012 / 4:20 pm

I frog all the time…..My family thinks I am nuts!

2. February 17, 2012 / 8:57 am

Hi,
    I'm a new follower, found you on YouTube. This scarf is so cute and looks like so much fun! I think I will try it today so I can show the girls at our Crochet/Craft party tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. I love your ideas, so vibrant and creative. Hope you'll stop by and visit my blog: beezrentaldesigns.blogspot.com
    Barbe

3. February 17, 2012 / 3:51 pm

@Barbe, glad you liked it! Do keep me posted on how it goes.

March 18, 2012 / 8:38 am

I had a difficult time understanding the instructions. How many chain stitches do I begin with? Step one has a few steps before it that weren't shown. I would like more detail on the instuctions. Thank you.

• March 18, 2012 / 7:16 pm

@Anonymous, the pattern clearly says 72 chains to make a 30 inches long scarf. Please do not try to work directly from the pictures. Work using the written pattern as pictures don't show every step but only the hard ones. In case you need more help use the contact me form in my blog.

June 3, 2012 / 5:12 pm

I'm working on this pattern right now. It is beautiful and relatively easy once you figure out where the DC goes. The scarf is really short though. If I make it again I think I will double the pattern so it can be a long scarf that doesn't need the buttons.

December 11, 2012 / 3:17 pm

I adjusted to make a longer scarf, and after deciding how many rows to make, I finished off as I started with a row of single crochets, then fastened off. It was a gift for my mother and she loved it!

7. December 28, 2012 / 2:59 am

There are no directions when or where to start the loops, or even how to make them- that is, how many chains they are etc.
    As others have said, the directions are not complete…

• December 30, 2012 / 4:25 pm

On Page 3, the pattern says, Chain 72 or more if you want the scarf longer. It is the Ch 12 and sl st to the next stitch ( Row 2) that forms the loops. Let me know if you need any more help.

December 28, 2012 / 3:14 pm

The link to the pattern doesn't work. Can I find the pattern anywhere else?

• December 30, 2012 / 4:26 pm

If you use the Contact Me form and give me your email, I can mail you a copy of the pattern Wonder why the link isn't working for you.

December 29, 2012 / 12:05 am

An even easier version is to make a chain as long as you want, then turn and single crochet back to chain one, then chain 16 and join with a single crochet in the first single crochet. Continue to chain and join to the last single crochet, then turn and go up the other side. Done