Bella Ruffled Bag (Free Crochet Pattern)

This bag was made by Grace Anne of WouldYouLikeYarnWithThat.blogspot.com using my pattern. lovely isn’t it? I love how she added her own touch with a flower.

Whipping up this crochet pattern was so much fun because I have always had a  fetish for bags. I am not into any other accessories but choosing a bag has always been a herculean task for me. When I started crocheting seriously, bags were my first love. I have no idea how I shifted gears to baby booties.  I have always loved bags with ruffles but never owned one and this could be my first. I have left the bag unlined but you can line it if you wish to make it last longer.

This bag is the size of an over-sized clutch and just big enough to hold your essentials. The bag is 13 inches wide at the base and 9 1/2 inches tall including the handle. The bag is worked using worsted weight ( size 4 medium yarn) and an H(5mm) and G (4.25 mm)  crochet hook. You need to know only the basic crochet stitches and hdc2tog decrease to make this bag. The bag is quick to work up as the ruffles use double crochet stitches that makes your work grow quickly.

Click here to get the Free Pattern!
If you love it, please consider sharing it with one of the social media buttons below. Thank You!

1. Janet
    September 11, 2012 / 1:42 pm

I am confused. Page 6, round 5, says to 1 hdc until 3 sts left, then hdc dec twice, end in marked st. How do you hdc dec twice in only 3 sts? Don't you need 4 sts to work into? Help!!!

• September 11, 2012 / 4:50 pm

1 hdc till 3 stitches left before the marked stitch. So including the marked stitch you will have 4 stitches.

2. September 27, 2012 / 3:15 am

Thank you for the pattern! When I saw it I knew I had to make me this purse. Perfect timing too because my old purse was ready to be retired. LOL. I did make a few modifications though. I posted the link for the pattern to your site and my modifications on my blog.

(took pain meds so I'm not sure if what I wrote makes any sense. LOL) I hope you'll check it out. Thank you again for the pattern.

3. October 11, 2012 / 12:59 pm

I just found your blog and love your bag. It is really cute. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above

4. October 14, 2012 / 10:28 am

Thank you for sharing this tutorial, the bag is so cute indeed 🙂

Hope I'll end up doing it as I somehow miss motivation as of now but this bag may light up the flame 🙂

Cheers,

Ossayad

5. mimi_mardiah@yahoo.co.id
    February 7, 2013 / 9:25 am

excuse me can i copy this tutorial and sell the product that i have made ( from this tutorial )thank you

6. mimi_mardiah@yahoo.co.id
    February 7, 2013 / 9:26 am

what a beautiful crochet bag. so lovely and sooo lovey dovey

7. July 17, 2013 / 7:04 am

Thank you for creating this pattern and making it free! I made one for my friend and added a 4th row of ruffles! It is a very good pattern, pretty easy to follow. I am making a second one now and decided to crochet the whole base first the add the ruffles because I only have 1 large skein of the yarn I needed so makes it easier than having a couple skeins at a time.

September 23, 2013 / 9:32 pm

Hi, I love looking at all your creativity, you are very talented.
    If I may, would you please send me this free pattern and any free baby patterns for afghans, shoes, caps etc. Thank U so much.
    sandfromm@msn.com Diane 🙂

9. September 24, 2013 / 11:42 am

Very cute bag!! I have it on my todo list 🙂 thanks for sharing !!

October 9, 2013 / 3:49 pm

I really love this, thanks.

January 19, 2014 / 1:46 pm

so cute, thanks

12. March 2, 2014 / 7:35 am

Such a gorgeous color, very vibrant and fun for summer! I loved it and want to make one. Thanks for sharing the pattern. This is really helpful. I am crazy for handbags. Yesterday too, I bought tory burch handbag online.

13. March 17, 2014 / 6:12 pm

This bag is awesome! I'm so excited to make it. I have just one question. What's the direction for the foundation chain?

January 29, 2015 / 6:59 pm

Thank you for the free pattern. The bag is absolutely gorgeous. I have a weakness for bags. I look forward to making this and showing it off

15. Vicki Kollenberg
    December 19, 2018 / 11:42 am

Can we make the project and sale them. Love the patterns.

December 19, 2018 / 11:48 am

Yes, you are free to sell what you make from my patterns, but please use your own pictures. Thank you for asking.