Now includes a bonus outdoor version with Flip flop Soles!
Pin it for later: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/51087777004766532/
I am so stoked about this crochet pattern! Now, why did I not come up with this idea before? My Baby Gladiators were probably the first pattern of its kind and I got rave reviews for it. I got many requests for adult size Gladiator sandals, but a plain one did not catch my fancy. Adding the crocodile stitch to the toe top has made all the difference, don’t you agree? From the many pictures I added, you might have already guessed that I really enjoyed photographing this sandal. It looks even more fab when you wear it on your feet. If you make one, I would love to see a picture.
A big thank you to Nikki Little for suggesting the beautiful name, Boho Dreamz Sandals. I loved it because it has the “Dreamz” from my blog name.
* The pattern includes US sizes, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12. Includes an indoor version with crochet soles and a bonus outdoor version with Flip Flop soles.
*Hooks F(3.75mm) and H(5mm) are used for the pattern.
* The sole of the indoor version is worked using worsted weight yarn. It has two layers and a layer of quilter’s batting is added between them to make it sturdy and cushy.
* The right and left soles are shaped differently just like regular sandals.
* The upper is worked using DK ( size 3 yarn). I picked Baby Bee Sweet Delight Yarn from Hobby Lobby, as this yarn was thinner than most DK and did not make the crocodile stitches bulky. The yarn comes in many colors making it a delight to work with. The colors used were Carrot, Infant Teal, and Naked.
* The crochet pattern is designed in such a way that you get a sturdy sandal that you can comfortably walk in.
*Additional supplies for outdoor version:1.) A pair of beige Flip flops (Old Navy preferred) 2.) 48LB hemp cord for border 3.) A 2.5mm hook or any piercing tool 4.) Shoe goo or any footwear adhesive 5.) Sewing pins to position the ankle side on the sole
Payment can be made securely through PayPal using your credit card or PayPal account, see FAQ for details. Once the payment is made, the pattern will be emailed to you in 24 hours. If you have any questions or fail to receive the patterns please use the ‘Contact Me’ form in my blog, top left. Please do not resell the pattern itself or pass it onto others. All my patterns are protected by copyright. Read my Copyright page for more info.