US to UK Crochet Conversion Chart

Share the Love!

Here is a chart that would help you to convert US crochet terms to UK and vice versa. Other than Chain and Slip stitch, all the basic stitches have a different name.
single crochet(sc)
double crochet(dc)
half double crochet(hdc)
half treble(htr)
double crochet
triple crochet
double treble (dtr)
slip stitch (sl st/ ss)
slip st(sl st/ ss)

Share the Love!



    • September 28, 2017 / 6:51 pm

      I am glad you found it useful. Thank you for visiting my blog.

  1. Martine
    February 1, 2019 / 3:40 am

    Can i get a pattern of this beautiful sweater please?

    • Crochet_Dreamz
      February 1, 2019 / 2:56 pm

      Please check the Crochet Patterns tab to find the pattern you are looking for.

  2. Jenni
    May 13, 2019 / 9:39 am

    Love this pattern but cannot find it anywhere

    • Shehnaaz
      May 13, 2019 / 9:47 am

      Which pattern are you looking for?

  3. sue
    November 27, 2020 / 6:12 am

    please can you tell me what is the US abbreviation tc mean in the UK. I know the usual ones but have not met this one before?

    • Shehnaaz
      November 28, 2020 / 2:11 pm

      I am assuming it is triple crochet, what you call double treble crochet(dtr) in the UK or it could be turning chain.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Looking for Something?