Beginner Crocheters, you don’t have to run at the sight of the words front post double crochet (fpdc) and back post double crochet (bpdc). If you can manage a regular double crochet you can work your way through these too. Here is a comparative study that makes it as easy as it gets.
Both fpdc and bpdc can add more texture to your crochet project. These stitches are worked like the regular double crochet except for the fact that you insert the hook in a different way before you pull up a loop.
Fpdc is easier to work than a regular double crochet. In fpdc, you insert the hook from the front. In bpdc, you insert the hook from the back. When doing a bpdc, just fold and hold your work to keep it out of your way when you complete the stitch. Below is a step by step pictorial illustration of the two.
Regular Double Crochet
1. Inserting the hook to work a regular double crochet
Working a Front Post Double Crochet (fpdc)
1. Insert your hook from front to back through space between the double crochet stitches
2. Bring hook back to front through next space between double crochet stitches
3. Yarn over, bring up to the level of 1st double crochet and complete dc as usual
4. Completed fpdc
Working a Back Post Double Crochet (bpdc)
1. Insert hook from back to front thru the space between the dc stitches
2. Insert hook to the back through the next space between the dc stitches
3. Yarn over, hold the work folded and complete the dc stitch as usual on the back of your work
Wednesday 20th of November 2019
Is their a full pattern
Friday 25th of January 2019
buzz buzz Hi , I like the flowers, i would like to learn how to make those. maybe a tutorial would be nice.
Friday 24th of February 2017
c' est adorable dommage que je n' ai pas de fille!! j' adore a bientôt biz
Sailing with bare feet
Tuesday 29th of November 2011
LOVE IT !!!
Tuesday 5th of April 2011
@Kerry, the pattern is under " Patterns for Sale" in my blog, top right of the page.