Crochet Flip Flops Pattern for Baby, in English and French Versions

My fashionable take on the oldest footwear man has ever known, the Flip flops. They are popularly called Thongs in Australia and Jandals in Newzealand. The earliest known flip-flops were made from plant fibers or wood.
It is one of the most common types of footwear in developing countries as it is inexpensive, often less than a dollar. Flip flops have really caught on as a trend and are as ubiquitous as the athletic shoes. You see kids wearing them to the beach or the pool all the time. It gives you that ‘out to have fun’ feeling.
I had never thought that babies could wear flip-flops as it would tickle their toes! I saw one of my friend’s baby wearing it at 3 months and was totally bowled over by it. It was the cutest sight I had ever seen. This design stems from my memory of that day.
I prefer the version without the flowers but if you opt to make a pair of white flip flops then the flowers would add a splash of color. If you are going for the one without flowers choose two bright coordinating colors to make it fun and vibrant. If you are making the sun hat, make the flip-flops in matching colors to spice up a simple outfit. Sun hat Pattern has to be purchased separately.

*Pattern includes 4 sizes 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12 months.

*Pattern is worked in worsted weight (Aran) yarn

* Like all my other patterns it has pictures of every stage to make it easy.*Pattern is written in Standard American Terms.

Payment can be made securely through PayPal. Once the payment is made, the pattern will be emailed to you within 24 hours. If you have any questions or fail to receive the patterns please use the ‘Contact Me’ form on my blog, top left. Please do not resell the pattern itself or pass it onto others. All my patterns are protected by copyright. Read my Copyright page for more info.

Find the matching Sun Hat Pattern Here.

Flip Flops Pattern (Sun Hat not included)-ENGLISH
$5.50

Petites tongs pour fillettes ( Patron de crochet en français )
$5.00

July 5, 2011 / 4:21 pm

Those flip flops are so cute. I love them.

July 6, 2011 / 6:37 pm

i want a bigger size please!!!! I love them and want to make them for my granddaughter who is two!

July 6, 2011 / 7:32 pm

I want the pattern but i could not buy it…I love them!!

4. July 6, 2011 / 11:41 pm

mmm………… I don't think a 2 year old would be able to walk in them. Got to try it out on my 6 year old and see.

5. July 8, 2011 / 9:07 pm

Love the pattern and all the different styles you made they are just adorable and I saw the one with the matching hat and it is just to cute for words. Excellent work and design, I am jealous….LOL!!! (",

6. July 8, 2011 / 9:40 pm

Absolutely LOVE these! I bought your pattern last week (along with the hat) for a friend who is due later this month and they were a hit! I had people without babies asking for them to use as rear-view mirror ornaments! I just bought 5 more patterns because I have 13 friends who are pregnant right now so I have tons of little gifts to make. You have so much talent and I'm so glad someone sent the link to your blog to me! You should do and etsy shop though, as you design more patterns it's going to be hard to wade through them to see what you have. Thanks again!!

7. July 11, 2011 / 11:00 pm

Much sugar in them I love what I'm watching them in the hands of health loves you here ..

8. July 25, 2011 / 4:45 pm

Those are so cute! I love the colors

9. July 25, 2011 / 9:17 pm

Oh my goodness! Those are just the cutest!! I really need to learn how to crochet.

July 25, 2011 / 9:21 pm

These are adorable! I have never seen anything so cute as this! I really want to make some! Thanks so much for sharing! I am a new follower and am so excited to read your blog and check out all your other great things! 🙂

11. July 27, 2011 / 2:26 pm

Fantastic!! Really really cute!
    I'm learning crocheting, and you're really clever!
    Greetings!
    Laura

12. July 28, 2011 / 11:49 pm

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing through Kara's Look What I Made Linky Party. 🙂
    I'd love to invite you to share your projects at my weekly linky party….that I host every Friday. I think my viewers will LOVE your projects too. Thanks for the consideration.
    Tracy ~ Craft Junkie Too
    T.G.I.F Linky Party

13. July 31, 2011 / 5:45 am

total sweetness. Love the colors and the hat too? Over the top fun. So glad you linked them up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

August 6, 2011 / 4:44 pm

all in german pleas, or can you translait it ??

January 7, 2012 / 12:26 am

these are the just adorable wish how can I get the pattern off line?

January 8, 2012 / 7:46 pm

Love the flip flops and easy to make until you get to the strap along the front. I can't seem to get the little knobby bumps to show up on the front side. No matter what loop I do the tr and the sc through they come out on the inside? Aslo my bumps aren't that bumpy either, lol. Help??!!

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2012 / 6:45 pm

Who ever heard of "trying" to get bumps to be bigger! LOL

17. January 11, 2012 / 2:38 am

@Anonymous, the easy way to fix your bumps is just to push it to the right side, as simple as that! To make your bumps bigger try using a bigger hook. May be your hands are tighter than mine making the bump smaller. It is also possible that you are making your single crochet looser which would make the bump less visible. In that case consciously do the sc tight.

January 13, 2012 / 8:36 am

I'm really bad at crochet and Im about to be a first time mother next month. I'm having a baby girl and I fell in love with the sandles for summer. Because I'm really bad at crochet I was wondering if they sell the sandles already made?? I really, really want some sandles for my baby girl to wear in the summer.

19. Barb
    January 16, 2012 / 2:51 am

Ordered two days ago – I want to make them for a friend who is having a baby in a few weeks. Waiting for the email with the pattern.

• January 17, 2012 / 4:56 am

I email the patterns to the paypal email id within 24 hours unless otherwise specified. Could you please use the contact me form and sent me your email id again so that I can forward the mail.

February 19, 2012 / 6:35 pm

I am 12 and i can not figure out how to not make the sole. It is cupping up on.Me any advise.

• February 22, 2012 / 3:51 am

Your gauge could be too tight. Try a bigger hook. Write to me using Contact Me form if you need more help.

21. March 19, 2012 / 6:11 pm

please let me know if you design these in adult size,would love to purchase pattern

22. March 29, 2012 / 3:27 pm

Are these not the cutest things EVER? I'm not the best at crocheting booties, but will definitely pass this on to my sis! She will love it!

23. March 30, 2012 / 12:29 am

Wow! I can't crochet…but these make me wish I knew how! Very cute! 🙂

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2012 / 6:51 pm

Hi Michelle, I know it looks complicated but it's really not that hard to learn. I went to the store, got a learn-to-crochet book that showed simple crochet stitches and how to do all the "special" stitches. I also bought a kit with, I think, 5 crochet hooks and just went home, sat down with the book and a crochet hook and practiced. I hope you do try this…it's really relaxing and I love it SO much!

24. March 30, 2012 / 1:10 am

I wish, I wish, I wish I knew how to crochet. These are so cute, I just might need to learn!!!

25. March 31, 2012 / 5:37 pm

I would by if the patterns are in german …

26. March 31, 2012 / 8:05 pm

These little shoes are absolutely adorable! I have a new party that is beginning on Tuesday. I'd love for you to share these!

First time visiting your blog and I'm a new follower.

27. March 31, 2012 / 8:21 pm

Oh, these are so adorable!! Love them! Liz

28. April 3, 2012 / 2:17 am

Every baby girl should have a brand new pair of flip flops for spring! And these are just SO cute!

29. April 4, 2012 / 8:38 am

They are just too gorgeous! What a lovely pattern you made here :-). Very cute!!! ♥

30. April 6, 2012 / 12:38 am

Are these beginner level? My aunt wants me to make them for her baby daughter, and I'm ok at crocheting, but I can't do any super complex stitches. Do they involve anything harder than triple crochet?

• April 7, 2012 / 5:17 pm

@Emma, these require only the basic crochet stitches and don't need anything more.

31. April 12, 2012 / 2:16 pm

are all these flip flop patterns sold as one BIG pattern or are they seperate????i'm confused ..i can't find them seperetly!!!!HELP ME PLEASE maybe i'm loking in the wrong place????? monica from ny

• April 12, 2012 / 5:48 pm

@Monica, the flip flops with flowers and the one without flowers are included in one pattern. It is the hat that you have to purchase separately.

32. April 17, 2012 / 5:12 pm

OMG!!!! all those little sandals are just to die for!!!!! divine, just divine]!!!

33. June 4, 2012 / 9:17 pm

I have always enjoyed to crochet and done mostly blankets scarfs etc etc but want to branch out and try other things. I was just recently laid off and stress has got the best of me UNTIL I pick up my hook and start to do my thing. I love these sandals and wish I could afford the pattern. Maybe one day. In the mean time Thanks for the beauty you have done in yarn. Your something else. Take Care and Enjoy!

34. July 9, 2012 / 8:21 pm

Hola !! esta hermosa su pagina,, me gustaria pudiera poner los pasos a seguir de las sandalias y el sombrerito pero en español.. gracias…la felicito

September 10, 2012 / 1:28 pm

do u have a video to make the flip flops? soooooooooooooooo cute. i want to make that for my nephew

• September 10, 2012 / 11:25 pm

I am sorry I don't have a video but my pattern shows pictures of almost every step.

36. Melissa J
    May 11, 2013 / 11:50 pm

I love these, made for baby shower and they were a hit. A friend asked if I could make her adult size to use for slippers. Do you have an adult pattern? please let me know. ddexp@otmail.com