Crochet Flip Flops Pattern for Baby, in English and French Versions

My fashionable take on the oldest footwear man has ever known, the Flip flops. They are popularly called Thongs in Australia and Jandals in Newzealand. The earliest known flip-flops were made from plant fibers or wood.
It is one of the most common types of footwear in developing countries as it is inexpensive, often less than a dollar. Flip flops have really caught on as a trend and are as ubiquitous as the athletic shoes. You see kids wearing them to the beach or the pool all the time. It gives you that ‘out to have fun’ feeling.
I had never thought that babies could wear flip-flops as it would tickle their toes! I saw one of my friend’s baby wearing it at 3 months and was totally bowled over by it. It was the cutest sight I had ever seen. This design stems from my memory of that day.
I prefer the version without the flowers but if you opt to make a pair of white flip flops then the flowers would add a splash of color. If you are going for the one without flowers choose two bright coordinating colors to make it fun and vibrant. If you are making the sun hat, make the flip-flops in matching colors to spice up a simple outfit. Sun hat Pattern has to be purchased separately.

*Pattern includes 4 sizes 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12 months.

*Pattern is worked in worsted weight (Aran) yarn

* Like all my other patterns it has pictures of every stage to make it easy.*Pattern is written in Standard American Terms.

Payment can be made securely through PayPal. Once the payment is made, the pattern will be emailed to you within 24 hours. If you have any questions or fail to receive the patterns please use the ‘Contact Me’ form on my blog, top left. Please do not resell the pattern itself or pass it onto others. All my patterns are protected by copyright. Read my Copyright page for more info.

Find the matching Sun Hat Pattern Here.

Flip Flops Pattern (Sun Hat not included)-ENGLISH
$5.50

Petites tongs pour fillettes ( Patron de crochet en français )
$5.00

1. April 3, 2012 / 2:17 am

Every baby girl should have a brand new pair of flip flops for spring! And these are just SO cute!

2. April 4, 2012 / 8:38 am

They are just too gorgeous! What a lovely pattern you made here :-). Very cute!!! ♥

3. April 6, 2012 / 12:38 am

Are these beginner level? My aunt wants me to make them for her baby daughter, and I'm ok at crocheting, but I can't do any super complex stitches. Do they involve anything harder than triple crochet?

• April 7, 2012 / 5:17 pm

@Emma, these require only the basic crochet stitches and don't need anything more.

4. April 12, 2012 / 2:16 pm

are all these flip flop patterns sold as one BIG pattern or are they seperate????i'm confused ..i can't find them seperetly!!!!HELP ME PLEASE maybe i'm loking in the wrong place????? monica from ny

• April 12, 2012 / 5:48 pm

@Monica, the flip flops with flowers and the one without flowers are included in one pattern. It is the hat that you have to purchase separately.

5. April 17, 2012 / 5:12 pm

OMG!!!! all those little sandals are just to die for!!!!! divine, just divine]!!!

6. June 4, 2012 / 9:17 pm

I have always enjoyed to crochet and done mostly blankets scarfs etc etc but want to branch out and try other things. I was just recently laid off and stress has got the best of me UNTIL I pick up my hook and start to do my thing. I love these sandals and wish I could afford the pattern. Maybe one day. In the mean time Thanks for the beauty you have done in yarn. Your something else. Take Care and Enjoy!

7. July 9, 2012 / 8:21 pm

Hola !! esta hermosa su pagina,, me gustaria pudiera poner los pasos a seguir de las sandalias y el sombrerito pero en español.. gracias…la felicito

September 10, 2012 / 1:28 pm

do u have a video to make the flip flops? soooooooooooooooo cute. i want to make that for my nephew

• September 10, 2012 / 11:25 pm

I am sorry I don't have a video but my pattern shows pictures of almost every step.

9. Melissa J
    May 11, 2013 / 11:50 pm

I love these, made for baby shower and they were a hit. A friend asked if I could make her adult size to use for slippers. Do you have an adult pattern? please let me know. ddexp@otmail.com