Brooklyn Boot Cuffs, Free Crochet Pattern

Fall is here and it is my favorite Season of the year when it is neither too hot nor too cold. I love how the leaves change colors and the gentle rustling of the winds play music in the air. I adore the sound of the word “Autumn”, as romantic as the Season itself.
Boots and cowls are my favorite accessory for Fall and what better way to jazz it up than with a pair of boot cuffs. Crochet yourself a pair and turn one pair of boots into many. They are quick to work up and can add variety to your wardrobe. The stitch used gives it a nice texture. Add to it two wooden buttons and you have a stylish accessory that can make your legs look longer.
These boot cuffs can be worked in a couple of hours. Make them with a matching pair of mittens and you have a wonderful Christmas Gift. I enjoyed photographing them as much as making them. The pine cones added the right measure of pizzazz. They looked so beautiful, I was tempted to focus more on the pine cones than the boot cuffs themselves. I hope you will enjoy sporting these boot socks as much as I did while designing them.
You can work from the free pattern below or purchase an Ad-free PDF for $1.99 here.
1. Worsted weight ( size 4 medium) yarn
2. Hook – G (4.25mm) and F ( 3.75mm)
3. 2 Pairs of ¾ inch wooden buttons
Using G hook, 17 sc rows worked in back loops = 4 inches
Finished size:12.5 inches around and 6 inches high.
Extended Single crochet (esc): Insert your hook into the next st and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through one loop, yarn over again and pull through the remaining 2 loops on hook.—–1 esc completed
Work in Back loops or Front loops only: See the picture below to learn what it means to work into back loops only or front loops only. When making a regular stitch the hook is inserted under both loops as seen in 1st diagram below but inserted only into one of the loops in case you are working into the back or front loops.
 Pic 1
150 Yards for a pair of boot cuffs
The pattern is in standard American terms.
esc- extended single crochet
sl st- slip stitch
All the pictures have been numbered sequentially and grouped at the end of the written pattern. You can avoid printing them if you want.
Pattern
With G hook chain 9.
Row 1: 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook and each chain across. Turn.————-8 sc
Row 2: Working in back loops only, ch 1 ( not counted as a st), 1 sc in back loop of the same st as ch 1, 1 sc in back loop of next 7 stitches. Turn.—————– 8 sc
2. Sl stitch the first and last rows together
Repeat Row 2 till your work measures 12 ½ inches. Do not stretch your band while measuring. Now slip stitch the two shorter ends together inserting your hook through the front loops of the stitches on your last row and the free loops on the very first row to form a circular band as shown in Pic 2 above. See Stitch explanation for working in front loops. I got 27 ridges in the band including the ridge formed by slip stitching the ends together. Now the rest of the boot cuff will be worked in the round.
3. Work a round of sc across row ends
Round 1: Ch 1( does not count as a st), proceed to work a round of sc all around the band, making 1 sc in each sc row end ( one in each ridge and trough). Sl st to the first sc. Do not turn. See Pic 3 above. ——— 54 sc
Round 2: Ch 3 ( counts as first esc and ch 1), skip 1 st, *(1 esc in next st, ch 1 , skip 1 st), repeat from * till end of the round. You would have reached the beginning ch 3, do not turn.—————- 27 esc in the round.
Note: Esc is the stitch right before it to the right and not the one right on top of it. See Pic 4 below to find out where to insert your hook to make an esc.
4. Shows where to insert hook to work your esc
Round 3: Work 1 esc in to top of beginning chain 2 of previous round, place a marker in the esc you just made. The marker will show you where Round 3 started. *(1 esc in next esc, ch 1, sk 1 st), repeat from * till you reach back near the marked st. Do not turn.—————- 27 esc
Round 4: 1 esc in marked st, move the marker up in to the esc you just made, ch 1, sk 1 st, *(1 esc in next esc, ch 1, sk 1 st), repeat from * till you reach back near the marked st. Do not turn.—————- 27 esc
5. Measure your boot cuff to see if it is 4 inches
Repeat round 4 till your work is 4 inches high including the ribbed band as shown in pic 5 above. Every time you reach back near the marked stitch you would have completed one round. Switch to hook F and repeat round 4 till your piece measures 6 inches.
Last Round: 1 regular sc in the next esc, sl st to the next st ( ch 1). this would have evened out the edges. Ch 1, 1 sc in next st and each st across, sl st to beginning ch 1. Fasten off.
Make one more following the same pattern.
Finishing
Weave in any tails left and sew two wooden buttons onto the ribbed band for embellishment.
———————–
Find the matching pair of fingerless mittens here: Brooklyn Fingerless Mitts
If you love it, please share it using one of the social media buttons below. Thank you!
Check out more patterns from Crochet Dreamz: Pattern Gallery

September 21, 2013 / 12:19 am

realy looooove it!!! thanks for sharing 🙂

2. September 22, 2013 / 11:05 pm

Those are really stylish looking and a great way to pull a look together!

3. September 23, 2013 / 12:30 am

Hi, I love the boot cuffs! You did a beautiful job and I love the colors. I saw it on craft o maniac.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

4. September 24, 2013 / 12:17 pm

I love the cuffs, can't wait for the mitts! I have a great-niece that would love these!

September 25, 2013 / 1:18 pm

Gorgeous! Love them! Thank you for sharing! I can't wait for the mitts too!

6. September 25, 2013 / 7:27 pm

Ooh I love boot cuffs! I only made one pair last year, but need to make lots more!

7. October 11, 2013 / 3:50 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all. Love you work

8. October 11, 2013 / 3:53 pm

Thanks you for sharing your talent with all. Cant wait to make the boot cuffs

9. October 12, 2013 / 10:07 pm

Thanks you for sharing!

Fraisiperles
    Montreal Canada

10. October 15, 2013 / 8:20 pm

thank you for sharing… my girls will love these

11. October 15, 2013 / 8:20 pm

thank you for sharing…. My girls will love these

12. October 20, 2013 / 7:52 pm

I can't wait to try this pattern. I am all about keeping warm and this pattern is not only cute but practical. It will surely add warmth to my legs. Looking forward to popping in a video and getting to work on this one. Thanks for sharing – ElsJourney.com

13. October 20, 2013 / 7:55 pm

I can't wait get started on this pattern. I am all about keeping warm and these boot cuffs are not only cute but practical. They will add warmth to my legs. Looking forward to popping in a video and getting to work on these. Thanks for sharing – Elsjourney.com

November 10, 2013 / 6:35 am

Thank you for sharing. These are lovely. The pictures are beautiful and festive too!

15. November 21, 2013 / 4:48 am

These are cute I've been making and wearing boot cuffs for years didn't know people like them so much

16. November 21, 2013 / 4:49 am

I've been making boot cuffs for years didn't know they were popular

November 25, 2013 / 1:40 pm

Download site saysout of bandwidth not able to download is there another way of getting these patterns

• November 25, 2013 / 3:14 pm

I just fixed the bandwidth issue. You should be able to download it now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

18. November 27, 2013 / 2:32 pm

Lovely!! My sister is asking for mitts AND boot cuffs for Christmas. These are PERFECT!!

19. December 12, 2013 / 7:33 pm

These are so cute! Unfortunately, when I click on the link, it won't load. 🙁

-andi

• December 13, 2013 / 1:38 am

Use my contact me form and I might be able to email you a copy.

January 6, 2014 / 3:00 am

Yes- These are cute :)…. BUT…Fustrating- where's the pattern???

January 13, 2014 / 11:28 pm

I have a question for you. Once you are on row 3 and you are completely done with that row do you slip stitch it or do you just continue on? It doesn't tell you to slip stitch it. it just takes you into row 4.

• January 14, 2014 / 2:22 am

No slip stitching at the end of rows. This is to avoid getting a seam.

January 29, 2014 / 4:26 pm

I made these boot cuffs for my Granddaughter in Watertown, NY. I will be putting them in the mail today. Thank you for this great pattern.

23. February 14, 2014 / 8:59 pm

These are very cute – but I an unable to click through to the pattern – I'm getting a "page not found" error. Can you fix this?

24. April 30, 2014 / 8:01 pm

neat! thank-you for sharing 🙂

25. May 7, 2014 / 1:38 pm

Hi, love the pattern! Just wondering, if you have large calves would you continue row 2 for longer than the 12.5inches? Or should it stretch enough?

• May 7, 2014 / 3:58 pm

It will stretch to fit but if you think your calves are extra big, add a few more rows.

26. September 9, 2014 / 9:30 pm

great pattern!! Best boot cuff pattern ive used! Super cute too

27. October 19, 2014 / 4:10 pm

Thank you so much for sharing thes patterns with us. They are both beautiful. I can't wait to start them!!

28. November 20, 2014 / 7:45 pm

Love the boot cuff, but the font is so hard to read

29. November 22, 2014 / 6:30 pm

My daughter just got boots so I have been scouring web for patterns. Love this matching set. What a great gift it will make. Thank you so much sharing this.

December 10, 2014 / 2:47 pm

Just so sharp and cool! Will begin to try making a set today!

31. December 20, 2014 / 2:52 pm

I love your two boot cuff patterns and thank you for sharing them! Can't wait to try them!! I have a question for you. I am looking for a pattern that would be a tube scarf that is reversible and has fringe on both ends of the tube. Would you have any patterns like that? I would be willing to pay for it – I just cannot locate one….thanks for considering and Merry Christmas!!

• December 20, 2014 / 6:44 pm

Hi Nancy, I am sorry, I do not have a tube scarf pattern . You could probably try searching on Ravelry. I am sure some other designer might have it.

32. December 9, 2015 / 1:41 am

Can someone help me? I can't seem to figure out where to do my first row of sc after finishing the first section. Pictures would be awesome!

• December 9, 2015 / 4:27 pm

Pictures are included in the pattern. If they do not help, kindly email me using the Contact Me form, top left of blog, and I will get back to you asap.

33. January 15, 2016 / 2:00 am

I'm a lefty and torn this out twice not for the lower section. It just doesn't look the same. When I first looked at these I thought it was done in the waffle stitch! lol I think I may need to turn it inside out after my row of SCs after the ribbing and try it that way so the side I see is actually on the outside of the cuff. I love the look of this cuff and one way or another I'm going to figure this out! lol

February 18, 2016 / 9:38 pm

i love your boot cuff pattern easy to follow pattern. going to make the mittens.

35. October 27, 2016 / 9:57 am

Thank you for sharing I've made a lot of these sets for my daughter in laws and my 5 granddaughters my question or dilemma is my granddaughters want ear warmers / headbands I've tried many times to figure out a matching pattern but haven't succeeded yet any help would be truly appreciated

• October 27, 2016 / 2:05 pm

Mmm,let me see if I can design one with the stitch. Great idea 🙂

36. December 2, 2017 / 5:45 am

Hi, I have a quick question, is this a one size fits most/all pattern or do you have a size chart that could help for making larger and smaller sizes?

• December 2, 2017 / 6:17 pm

It is a one size fits all pattern. If you need to make it bigger, make the ribbed band bigger by adding more rows. Then in round one you can increase stitches in multiples of 2. I hope that helps.

December 22, 2017 / 6:06 pm

Where do you use the F hook?

• December 23, 2017 / 1:57 am

You switch after Round 4. It is mentioned in the pattern.

38. December 23, 2017 / 3:33 am

Repeat round 4 till your work is 4 inches high including the ribbed band as shown in pic 5 above. Every time you reach back near the marked stitch you would have completed one round. Switch to hook F and repeat round 4 till your piece measures 6 inches.

39. Beth
    February 19, 2019 / 6:22 pm

when your starting this pattern, on the starting chain do you sc into the front or back or both loops?
    ps. I just love these boot cuffs I plan on making me and my two yeasr daughter a matching pair of these boot cuffs and the fingerless mittens. im new to crochet so we will see how the sizing turns out should be fun. <3

• Shehnaaz
      February 19, 2019 / 7:50 pm

Hi Beth, I am really glad you are enjoying the pattern. To answer your question, work Into the back loops only.