Crochet Flip Flops Pattern for Baby, in English and French Versions

Share the Love!

My fashionable take on the oldest footwear man has ever known, the Flip flops. They are popularly called Thongs in Australia and Jandals in Newzealand. The earliest known flip-flops were made from plant fibers or wood.
It is one of the most common types of footwear in developing countries as it is inexpensive, often less than a dollar. Flip flops have really caught on as a trend and are as ubiquitous as the athletic shoes. You see kids wearing them to the beach or the pool all the time. It gives you that ‘out to have fun’ feeling.
I had never thought that babies could wear flip-flops as it would tickle their toes! I saw one of my friend’s baby wearing it at 3 months and was totally bowled over by it. It was the cutest sight I had ever seen. This design stems from my memory of that day.
I prefer the version without the flowers but if you opt to make a pair of white flip flops then the flowers would add a splash of color. If you are going for the one without flowers choose two bright coordinating colors to make it fun and vibrant. If you are making the sun hat, make the flip-flops in matching colors to spice up a simple outfit. Sun hat Pattern has to be purchased separately.

*Pattern includes 4 sizes 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12 months.

*Pattern is worked in worsted weight (Aran) yarn

* Like all my other patterns it has pictures of every stage to make it easy.*Pattern is written in Standard American Terms.

Payment can be made securely through PayPal. Once the payment is made, the pattern will be emailed to you within 24 hours. If you have any questions or fail to receive the patterns please use the ‘Contact Me’ form on my blog, top left. Please do not resell the pattern itself or pass it onto others. All my patterns are protected by copyright. Read my Copyright page for more info.

Find the matching Sun Hat Pattern Here.

Flip Flops Pattern (Sun Hat not included)
$5.50

Share the Love!

1. July 28, 2011 / 11:49 pm

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing through Kara's Look What I Made Linky Party. 🙂
    I'd love to invite you to share your projects at my weekly linky party….that I host every Friday. I think my viewers will LOVE your projects too. Thanks for the consideration.
    Tracy ~ Craft Junkie Too
    T.G.I.F Linky Party

2. July 31, 2011 / 5:45 am

total sweetness. Love the colors and the hat too? Over the top fun. So glad you linked them up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

August 6, 2011 / 4:44 pm

all in german pleas, or can you translait it ??

January 7, 2012 / 12:26 am

these are the just adorable wish how can I get the pattern off line?

January 8, 2012 / 7:46 pm

Love the flip flops and easy to make until you get to the strap along the front. I can't seem to get the little knobby bumps to show up on the front side. No matter what loop I do the tr and the sc through they come out on the inside? Aslo my bumps aren't that bumpy either, lol. Help??!!

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2012 / 6:45 pm

Who ever heard of "trying" to get bumps to be bigger! LOL

6. January 11, 2012 / 2:38 am

@Anonymous, the easy way to fix your bumps is just to push it to the right side, as simple as that! To make your bumps bigger try using a bigger hook. May be your hands are tighter than mine making the bump smaller. It is also possible that you are making your single crochet looser which would make the bump less visible. In that case consciously do the sc tight.

January 13, 2012 / 8:36 am

I'm really bad at crochet and Im about to be a first time mother next month. I'm having a baby girl and I fell in love with the sandles for summer. Because I'm really bad at crochet I was wondering if they sell the sandles already made?? I really, really want some sandles for my baby girl to wear in the summer.

8. Barb
    January 16, 2012 / 2:51 am

Ordered two days ago – I want to make them for a friend who is having a baby in a few weeks. Waiting for the email with the pattern.

• January 17, 2012 / 4:56 am

I email the patterns to the paypal email id within 24 hours unless otherwise specified. Could you please use the contact me form and sent me your email id again so that I can forward the mail.

February 19, 2012 / 6:35 pm

I am 12 and i can not figure out how to not make the sole. It is cupping up on.Me any advise.

• February 22, 2012 / 3:51 am

Your gauge could be too tight. Try a bigger hook. Write to me using Contact Me form if you need more help.

10. March 19, 2012 / 6:11 pm

please let me know if you design these in adult size,would love to purchase pattern

11. March 29, 2012 / 3:27 pm

Are these not the cutest things EVER? I'm not the best at crocheting booties, but will definitely pass this on to my sis! She will love it!

12. March 30, 2012 / 12:29 am

Wow! I can't crochet…but these make me wish I knew how! Very cute! 🙂

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2012 / 6:51 pm

Hi Michelle, I know it looks complicated but it's really not that hard to learn. I went to the store, got a learn-to-crochet book that showed simple crochet stitches and how to do all the "special" stitches. I also bought a kit with, I think, 5 crochet hooks and just went home, sat down with the book and a crochet hook and practiced. I hope you do try this…it's really relaxing and I love it SO much!

13. March 30, 2012 / 1:10 am

I wish, I wish, I wish I knew how to crochet. These are so cute, I just might need to learn!!!

14. March 31, 2012 / 5:37 pm

I would by if the patterns are in german …

15. March 31, 2012 / 8:05 pm

These little shoes are absolutely adorable! I have a new party that is beginning on Tuesday. I'd love for you to share these!

First time visiting your blog and I'm a new follower.

16. March 31, 2012 / 8:21 pm