7 Hour Cardigan, Cocoon Cardigan, Blanket Shrug, Crochet Pattern

Blanket Cardigan Crochet Pattern

Blanket Shrug Crochet Pattern
Cocoon Shrug Crochet Pattern
Blanket Sweater Crochet Pattern
Crochet Blanket Cardigan

Pin it for later: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/51087777007881313/

This is my first crochet cardigan pattern for women. I wanted to start off with a design that has minimal shaping and a cocoon crochet cardigan pattern was the best choice. I anticipated that I will be working on this for a week but to my surprise, I finished the size Small in under 7 hours. The bigger ones might take a couple of hours extra, but this will be a pattern that will work up very quickly for a garment. I had bought Vanna’s choice yarn on sale during Thanksgiving and do you know what the cost of this crochet cardigan sweater turned out to be? Under 15 dollars! Sizes Small to Large need only 8 skeins of yarn. Isn’t that amazing? A sweater that won’t break your back or the bank. I hope you will enjoy working on this pattern.

Crochet Cardigan Pattern Features

* The pattern is written in standard American terms.
*It includes sizes XS/S, M/L, XL/2XL, and 2XL/3XL.
*The pattern uses front post and back post double crochet stitches for the collar and you can see a tutorial here.
*  It uses worsted weight(size 4 yarn). Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn in colors Linen and Rust were used for the shrug pictured.
*It is worked using a J(6mm) hook.
* The shrug is made from a rectangle with no shaping involved.
* The design is meant to be loose fitting.
You can see another one of my blanket cardigan patterns here.
Payment can be made securely through PayPal using your credit card or PayPal account, see FAQ for details. The pattern will be emailed to you within 24 hours, actually much sooner. If you have any questions or fail to receive the patterns please use the ‘Contact Me’ form on my blog, top left. Please do not resell the pattern itself or pass it onto others. All my patterns are protected by copyright. Read my Copyright page for more info.
7 Hour Cocoon Cardigan
$5.50

1. December 17, 2017 / 11:23 pm

Beautiful cardigan. I would love to make this and even purchase a pattern but I read diagrams much easier than written instructions. Reading the words makes me dizzy and I lose my place. Is there any way that you can transfer this pattern to a diagram? If not, no worries. BEAUTIFUL work!

• December 18, 2017 / 8:45 pm

Hi Terry, if you are looking just for the stitch diagram, I can send you a picture.

2. Virginia
    December 18, 2017 / 3:31 am

Is it possible to adjust this pattern to a size 6X? And to figure out much yarn is needed? Thank you.

• December 18, 2017 / 8:44 pm

Could you please email me with your measurement from one elbow, across your shoulder up to next elbow? I will then be able to help you. Please use the contact me form on my blog.

3. January 4, 2018 / 5:48 pm

Would it work out nicely using DK yarn? I treated myself to some but can't find any pattern using it… how many balls would I need? Thank you.

• January 4, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Yes, it will work well with DK yarn too. I had someone who made it with 3 skeins of Lion Bard Mandala yarn and a 5.75mm hook. She said she used 1800 yards of DK yarn to make it. I hope that helps.

4. Ebony
    September 3, 2018 / 12:11 am

I love this. Starting early in my daughter ms teachers Christmas gifts. This one I’m doing for a teacher my girls have had since kindergarten, now they’re in 2nd & 3rd. I think she’ll love this

September 3, 2018 / 10:08 am

I am really glad you like the pattern and would love to see it once you are done. I hope the teacher loves your special handmade gift.

5. Debra
    September 9, 2018 / 9:34 pm

Do u have pattern for size 3X to 4x to made this cardigan?? Pls let me know I would love to try made this? Thanks

September 10, 2018 / 11:44 am

I will see if I can include it in a couple of weeks. Thank you for your interest in my pattern.

• Tamara
        October 4, 2018 / 3:02 pm

I will purchase pattern when you get a chance to make it 3x-4x size. I have attempted this style of sweater as a square but it is too long before it smoothly goes around my butt.

October 8, 2018 / 9:22 am

Hi Tamara, I have included size 3xl/4xl now. I apologize for the delay. I was busy testing my pullover pattern.