This crochet infinity scarf free pattern is very quick and works up in just about 2 hours. The velvet infinity scarf is super soft and light.
I know a lot of people find this yarn hard to work with as the stitches might just blend in and might not be visible, so I chose a stitch that doesn’t require you to count the stitches.
You can easily eyeball where your stitch repeat will go making this a fast and easy crochet project. I made all the three infinity scarves pictured in less than 6 hours!
Crochet Infinity Scarf Free Pattern
Tips for Crocheting with Velvet Yarn
1. If using light colors, working in a dim-lit condition might help you see the stitches better. Bright light will cause the sheen on this yarn to make the stitches less visible. For me, since I work near a window, holding the yarn under the table really helped.
2. Only the first row is a little hard to work. After that, the stitch pattern makes it easy. When working your first row into the foundation chain, if you find it hard to see and count the stitches, you can insert your hook into each chain to see where the chain is.
1. Worsted Weight Yarn. I used Bernat Baby Velvet in colors Ever After Pink, Seafoam and, Cuddly Cloud. You can make 2 infinity scarves from one skein of Baby Velvet yarn.
2. K(6.5mm) hook for making the foundation chain and J(6mm) for the rest of the infinity scarf.
3. Tapestry needle to weave in the ends.
5 1/4 inches wide and 60 inches around.
Around 240 yards
The pattern is written in US terms.
sl st- slip stitch
dc- double crochet
5 Pattern Repeats= 5-1/4 inches
V- st: (dc, ch 1, dc) worked into the same st.
With the bigger hook, ch 174 and sl st to the first ch without twisting the long chain. If you want to make the infinity scarf longer, you can chain any multiple of 3 to start.
To learn how to join your long chain without twisting, watch this video:
Round 1: Switch to J(6mm) hook, ch 3 (counts as a dc here and throughout), 2 dc in the same ch, *(sk next 2 chs, 3 dc in next ch), repeat from * until 2 chs left, sl st to top of beginning ch 3. Do not turn.—-58 dc clusters
Round 2: Sl st into the next dc, ch 4, 1 dc in the same st, first V-st made, *( sk the next 2 dc sts, 1 V-st in the middle dc of the cluster), repeat from * to end, sl st to top of beginning ch 3. Do not turn.——58 V-sts
Round 3: Sl st into the next ch-1 space, ch 3, 2 dc in the same ch-1 space, 3 dc in the ch-1 space of each V-st across to end. sl st to top of beginning ch 3. Do not turn.——58 dc clusters
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until you have a total of 9 rounds, fasten off.
Finishing the Crochet Infinity Scarf
Weave in any tails left on the wrong side of your scarf(the inside).
You will find more such Infinity Crochet Scarf pattern on Allfreecrochet.com.